Wednesday, September 5, 2012

DIY Budget Porch *Mini* Makeover

Before

After
Voila!
 I really wanted to make our outdoor space more comfortable and pretty this year. But I had a $20 budget. This isn't half of what I'd like to do, but it sure did brighten the space up!
Target-$3.99

These pillows are actually made out of placemats. Pillows can be pretty expensive considering they are just two pieces of cloth and some stuffing. But I stumbled upon a tutorial for making placemats into pillows! All you need is a double layer placemat and some stuffing. The sewing involved is very minimal,if any. 





These old plastic chairs just needed a little spray paint and they looked good as new. Be careful, spray painting is so fun, you might not be able to stop. I think that's the real reason you have to be 18 to buy it.

So here's the rundown:

Have any home improvement projects to share? How do you save money when you DIY?

5 comments:

  1. Cute! I really like the idea of using placemats to make pillows! Genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurel, great job! I really love your color scheme - works well. Great use of $ too. Keep up the good work! Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I like the combination of red & yellow. It makes the area pop with color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I agree, red and yellow is a great color scheme, especially outdoors. I like the fabric print too! I will definitely have to check out that tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurel, You did a great job~~what a way to brighten up the porch! and what a way to save money doing it!

    ReplyDelete

You're gonna leave a comment? Really? You just made my day!!