Friday, June 29, 2012

Mostly Neutral + free shoes!

Top Express-Thrifted($2),Skirt Old Navy-Thrifted and re-fashioned ($1),Necklace Thrifted (.50 cents)Shoes Old Navy (Free!)

                 Thanks to my lovely Mom for taking these pictures! We had lots of fun and both discovered that I am no model. It took dozens before i found two where I wasn't smirking or squinting.





     Normally I'm not an Old Navy fan. At all. Some of their clothes are cute, but they either fall apart or fit weird and are way over priced for the quality. Yet I'm still wearing two Old Navy items. Maybe they aren't sooo bad. And for free could I really resist looking around? I have a sore deficiency in strappy sandals in my closet-as in i have NONE. Can you believe it? Dire straights, I know. Facing my desperate need for them I decided to pick these up with my free $10 from Old Navy(more on that later). The jury's still out-the buckles are a bit awkward looking. At least I'm only out $0.

         

                This owl was waiting for me in the local St. Vincent De Paul. Its even sort of vintage(70s Sarah Coventry is vintage now right?). And he was only 50 cents. Beat that $4.80-mass produced-forever 21-owl!






                               I was inspired by the high-low skirt tutorial by Crystal over at Clothed Much, and knew I had to try it! This skirt was a weird length so I followed her cutting instructions, but figured since it was jersey it would just roll and i wouldn't have to hem it. As you can tell from the first picture I'm not so good with the scissors.Too bad I didn't see that before I wore it in public.....

                       
               Want to know how to get some free possibly worth it goodies at Old Navy?  There's an app for that. It's called old Navy's SnapAppy (does anyone else think all their marketing schemes are so cheesy they're just not funny?). You'll need to "snap" a picture of any Old Navy logo and (you can bring one up on a computer screen) and you'll get a "surprise". Many of the surprises are games and "phony compliments"(not a joke), but keep snapping and you might even get a $50 shopping spree! Usually you will get $5 or $10 off with no minimum purchase after a few spins. This works on Iphone,Ipad or Ipod Touch.
                What are your thoughts on Old Navy? Did you get any awesome deals with this app?
            

           









No comments:

Post a Comment

You're gonna leave a comment? Really? You just made my day!!